Friday, August 1, 2014

Thanks Ocean Navigator!

About once a month I get around to reading the boating magazine blogs. One of the ones I read is the Ocean Navigator blog. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw my name mentioned in a post titled "Thermal imaging for corrosion detection". http://www.oceannavigator.com/Web-Exclusives-2014/Thermal-imaging-for-corrosion-detection/ I thank the folks at Ocean Navigator for picking up on my my use of IR for inspecting embedded/glassed in chainplates.

In the early 90s, we at Marine Metals built a Peterson designed schooner for Ocean Navigator Magazine named Ocean Star. It was one of my favorite boats we built. Everyone from the magazine was wonderful to work with. For a few years after the schooner was launched she would sail into Little Creek inlet in Norfolk, VA. It was like having a child come home for a visit. She always had a great crew aboard and I cherish that time in my life. Ocean Star is now a Seamester at Sea Boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment